Welcome to the Horizon Behavioral Health website, formerly Central Virginia Community Services. We hope that this website helps you understand our agency and its mission in the most customer-friendly manner, while providing a sense of the passionate commitment to excellent service that our Board and staff embrace. Click here to view Inclement weather closings and delays.
Our Mission is to support and promote the health, independence and self-worth of individuals and families in Central Virginia by providing a continuum of community-based prevention, early intervention, aftercare, and psycho-social rehabilitation services for persons affected by mental health, intellectual disabilities, substance abuse, and co-occurring disorders.
|Adult & Family Services Brochure||Child & Family Services Brochure||2012 Annual Report|
• each individual and family’s right to participate in decisions affecting his or her life
• each individual and family’s right to be safe from harm
• providing timely services in the least-restrictive setting which are accessible, affordable, efficient, and adaptable to individual need
• developing and retaining a well-trained and culturally diverse staff
• evaluating our services regularly as they relate to client and community needs
• working cooperatively with other agencies and organizations to provide our community with fully integrated services
“The Vision of Horizon Behavioral Health is to provide behavioral healthcare services that are accessible, consumer-centered, cost-effective, and quality, outcome-based.”